Based in Barcelona, Spain
DescriptionWELCOME TO MONSTER PROM!
You have 3 weeks to get a date for Monster Prom! Go through absurd and funny situations, raise your stats and seduce one of your classmates. Beautiful art, bold, unapologetic dialogue and hard choices make up this Multiplayer (1-4 players) Dating Sim. Love your worst self.THE GAME
Monster Prom is a game meant to be played by 1 to 4 players (but trust us: the more, the merrier!) that mixes “choose-your-own-adventure” with Dating Sim’ mechanics. You are a student at Spooky High and you’re looking to achieve the ultimate high-schooler’s dream: not going to prom alone. Being a monster can be hard, but getting a date for the monster prom is even harder!GAME'S FLOW
You will have a limited number of turns to explore a school full of weird and amazing situations that will let you meet 6 of your classmates. Each event (full of beautiful art and funny dialogue) will lead you to an absurd bifurcation where you will have to make a choice. Each choice will end up raising or lowering your stats which in turn will improve or mess your chances to score a date. Each option can be a potential success or failure. Try to do your best for each situation and enjoy the ride… but don’t forget that prom night is drawing close. In the end, you will have to go all in… but with whom?
Monster Prom started from an array of inspirations. The most important one is the game The Yawhg, which opened our minds to many possibilities, mechanic-wise. Then, we developed ideas until we got what would be the first draft of Monster Prom. The project appeared to us as something relatively easy, fit for a first project of our own. Elías and I (Julián) met as coworkers at an indie studio. I managed a project called INDIE G ZINE, which basically was a celebration of indie games in the form of a collaboration artbook. This project let me know lots of talented artists... and one of these artists was Arthur Tien (Monster Prom's current artist). The Indie G Zine also let me get a better understanding of the indie scene. Then we decided to go with a Kickstarter. And here we are.
- Competitive dating sim: Nothing makes the heart grow fonder than a little competition. Set your gaze on one of the sweethearts, but if you share your romantic tastes with your friends, be ready for some stiff competition.
- Fantastically funny writing: All's fair in love and war, except maybe taking yourself too seriously. Through whimsical, postmodern humor, written by Cory O’Brien, Maggie Herskowitz and Julián Quijano, there is no topic Monster Prom won’t make fun of, including itself.
- Gorgeous art: There’s never a dull moment while exploring the beautifully crafted world and characters drawn by Arthur Tien.
- 1000+ funny and absurd situations and hundreds of events: Get into the groove of the local monster high-school through hundreds of events that will branch into 1000+ possible situations, all with multiple outcomes.
- Couch Multiplayer for one-to-four people: Play by yourself, with a significant other or with your favourite group of friends.
- Easy to pick up and play: No learning required, just have your heart strings ready for tugging.
- Characters easy to fall in love with: With 6 fully fledged lovable classmates at your fingertips, go ahead and meet, pick and find out just what makes them tick.
- Monstrously post-modern slice of life: A beautifully developed universe with a diverse cast of characters, all with their own personal fashion, outfits, style and quirks, set in the modern world of love with all the trimmings: selfies, dating apps, d**kpics, raves, emojis and more.
- Freedom of choice: Monsters don’t like boys or girls, they like monsters. In Monster Prom the game experience is unaffected by gender or sexual orientation, since finding love is already hard enough.
Logo & Icon
You can check Monster Prom's devlog on forums.tigsource.com.
About Beautiful Glitch
Beautiful Glitch is a videogames studio based in Barcelona. But our real HQ are the internetz. The mastermind behind the studio is Julián Quijano (production&design), but making games wouldn't be possible without the great talent of other individuals such as Elías Pereiras (programming), Arthur Tien (Art) and Cory O'Brien (Narrative). By combining the power rings of these 4 individuals, they can summon Earth's greatest power: A SEMI-FUNCTIONAL INDIE VIDEOGAME!
More information on Beautiful Glitch, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Monster Prom Credits
Business & Creative direction
Development & Programming