Based in Barcelona, Spain
DescriptionENTER THE MAZE WITH “MAZEMAN” - A FAST-PACED CHALLENGE WITH BEAUTIFUL PIXEL ART!
MAZEMAN is a mobile videogame that will challenge you big time thanks to its frantic pace: enter the maze and look for the key while avoiding all kinds of dreadful monsters. Lots of unlockables, monsters, levels, power-ups and collectibles await you in this beautiful endless stream of pixel art mazes filled with some awesome arcade vibes!A COLORFUL GROUP OF HEROES & A MAZE FULL OF DANGERS
On MAZEMAN you will start only with the main hero… MAZEMAN. But there are 23 more heroes waiting to be unlocked, each one with a unique ability. A robot whose mission seem to be to bomb the maze to its foundations; a time-stopping time traveller that seems to be haunted by its past; a talented escapist with portal powers that unfortunately avoided his captors to end up in a far worse prison; a psychic girl willing to prove her tribe that she’s as capable as the boys… but at what price? All characters add their own twist to the game experience thanks to their abilities. Think the most suited one for each maze or just play with the one that fits your playstyle the best! But be prepared for a maze that’s equally equipped to destroy you. With up to 18 kinds of monsters and some other surprises, each level will be a real challenge. You must traverse all the mazes with their unique architectures and visual styles fighting or avoiding the monsters while looking for the key that will open the door to the next maze. Luckily, mazes will store some helpful power-ups too!SET YOUR OWN GOALS
Do you want to get to the next maze? Just look for the key on the maze and go to the door! Easy, right? But if you like a real challenge, go for the two extra achievements needed to unlock everything on the game: killing all monsters in the maze and collecting the 3 hidden jewels that lay in the most dangerous corners of every maze. With this system, the player can always choose how big will be the risk to take on every level.THE SECRETS BEHIND THE MAZE… A CRYPTIC NARRATIVE AWAITS FOR YOU
All mazes are part of a huge maze known as… The Maze. Somehow, all our heroes have ended there for their very own reasons. MAZEMAN is a pulp sci-fi styled cryptic adventure where everything is surrounded by mystery. Narrative is often hidden to the player’s eye and only by beating groups of levels the player will unlock small narrative bits. The truth might never be revealed completely… collect the bread crumbs and figure out what’s The Maze and what’s the secret behind it.
- BEAUTIFUL PIXEL ART - Pixel-boy is a true artist and it shows when you see the stunning visuals on MAZEMAN. This game’s a treat for the eyes!
- LOTS OF PLAYSTYLES TO CHOOSE - There are 24 available characters, each one with its own unique ability. Bombs, shots, swords, shields, mind control, sprints, portals… choose your style and enter The Maze!
- LOTS OF DANGERS TO FIGHT - Lots of mazes that will be grow with every update. They will store some power-ups, but also monsters… there are 18 types of them!
- SET YOUR OWN GOALS - The game is fairly difficult, but you can go from challenging to nerve-wrecking by setting your own goals, from just finding the key and getting to the door to killing all monsters and collecting the 3 jewels of each maze.
- A FRANTIC PACE - Our most basic inspiration here is clearly Pac-Man: we look for an experience that is fast-paced so it tests your ability and nerves!
- A CRYPTIC NARRATIVE -Unfold a very mysterious narrative by unlocking very small narrative bits that will serve as bread crumbs… you’ll never get to know THE MAZE’s whole story, but with enough bits you might start to figure out some things while building some theories!
There are currently no trailers available for MAZEMAN. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Who’s Behind “MAZEMAN”?
Beautiful Glitch is a videogames studio based in Barcelona. But our real HQ are the internetz. On MAZEMAN, the core team has been Elías Pereiras (programming & development), Julián Quijano (creative direction & game design), Pixel-boy (art), and Fernando Burillo (production). With MAZEMAN we’re on a mission of making small yet engaging games. Keeping them small results on a creative challenge that we willingly accept. This way we also can decrease risks while practicing to become greater and greater… expect some crazy things to come!
Programming & Development; Additional Game Design
Creative direction & Game design